because i water paraded

the chronicles of why pee

Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"Um, Dean Allen Hart, I emailed you about accelerating at Amherst? There's a paragraph/footnote in the course book which says that exceptional students can accelerate graduation at Amherst."

So tonight the three class deans and President Marx visited South College, and I came back to South late because of the free swing lesson (swing dance! Hairpee!). And so I asked the burning question.

Dean Allen Hart: "Oh yes there's a technicality...something something something..."

Dean Ben Lieber: "Oh yes. Well that applies to rare cases... something something something..."

So I'm about to ask, what do those 'rare cases' refer to? But...

Dean Ben Lieber: "It's very rare... perhaps the last student who graduated in three years did it...

"35 years ago."

So that's point number one.

"And his name was Joseph Stiglitz."

So that's point number two.

So all the deans speak a little about it, and basically, accelerated graduation is for those who exhaust the course curriculum.

I.e. if you are a nobel prize winner, you can accelerate at Amherst!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home