because i water paraded

the chronicles of why pee

Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I finally finished reading Oryx and Crake a few days ago. I had been stuck on it for a month, since it was a book that I was actually reading for fun (as opposed to the millions of books I read for my classes); in the end it wasn't all that fantastic and I thought the plot unfolded too slowly-but I was reminded by the dear owner of the book that I probably found it that way because I took so damn long to read it. Yeah there were times if I doubted if I'd ever finish the book, just like how I've read miniscule abstracts of a million and one books but finish only three and a half of them.

So it was a challenge of sorts to finish this book, to conquer it. And now that I have, I can move on to all the other book-presents I've received from you all... oops.

This week's theme seems to be 'archaic language that befuddleth why pee', because I am reading many tediously long works of archaic language and it is befuddling. And it is annoying. The pressure to stop reading is getting heavier and heavier, just as sometimes I feel that I'm slowly approaching that state where I'd just wait for the weekend to come-which I hope won't happen soon. I'm still surviving, I guess, and it never struck me that adjusting to college life would be a problem at all. Not that I regret anything, of course... (dare say I? Haha of course I mean it, I don't regret anything).

Homecoming weekend was over-big football game between Williams College and Amherst College, and we supposedly trashed Williams. Some what like ACJC and RJC-I mean, the football game takes place between the two schools. But I don't really care for football, and school spirit in college is somewhat different from JC spirit, ya? And anyway, I was playing in my jazz combo at the gym, where the school provided nice food in the hope that they would be able to dig deep into alumni pockets. Oh, college is so familiar in so many ways.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to record the songs we played-next time, I promise. There will be a couple of concerts in early December where all the jazz combos play for about 40 minutes each, I think, and there should be another big jam session next month. I'll try and record those.

I felt lost for a while after the homecoming performance-big woo pee, we pulled off a fairly good performance, now what next? Huge blow number two was dealt to me yesterday when I found out that I have to wait one year for the sequel to Jazz Theory and Improvisation-only Advanced Jazz is being offered next semester, and in any case, it clashes with the first Econ course I plan to take, Advanced Macroeconomics. Blergh, Econ. I have so many issues with taking Econ, but I shall just conform. It rhymes.

Midway through the week! Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home