Weekends
Weekends used to be so different: in JC I would come home on Fridays and crash, play Euro 04 or that tennis game Top Spin, and not do any work at all. Of course I'd be doing work on Saturdays and Sundays, but still I would take a couple of hours off to play or do something that didn't involve work of any kind.
During book-outs this year, it was again different: chilling every weekend with friends, going out for drinks, revelling in our shared misery and traumas-often hilarious on hindsight; but only on hindsight-and bonding over those memories. Needless to say, who thought of work??
If getting used to all the reading was the first adjustment I had to make (coming to college, that is), then getting used to reading smart will be the next adjustment I have to make. There's so much reading to do-if I read everything-that I have to spread the readings throughout the week, and even then I have a couple of hours of reading to do a day. Actually, that seems do-able, but somehow time just goes poof. And now that I'm finally getting my jazz guitar going (after all these years) I'm pressed for time. Yesterday I just sat down in the music room and practiced for two and a half hours straight, and I did the same today right after ear training.
The point is, I can never afford to just squander a day-I would screw myself if I ever procrastinated.
No I'm not complaining, and I am having fun, but it's just different.
During book-outs this year, it was again different: chilling every weekend with friends, going out for drinks, revelling in our shared misery and traumas-often hilarious on hindsight; but only on hindsight-and bonding over those memories. Needless to say, who thought of work??
If getting used to all the reading was the first adjustment I had to make (coming to college, that is), then getting used to reading smart will be the next adjustment I have to make. There's so much reading to do-if I read everything-that I have to spread the readings throughout the week, and even then I have a couple of hours of reading to do a day. Actually, that seems do-able, but somehow time just goes poof. And now that I'm finally getting my jazz guitar going (after all these years) I'm pressed for time. Yesterday I just sat down in the music room and practiced for two and a half hours straight, and I did the same today right after ear training.
The point is, I can never afford to just squander a day-I would screw myself if I ever procrastinated.
No I'm not complaining, and I am having fun, but it's just different.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home