Yes Philip I shall just write about music; whenever I try to write about anything else it always ends up sounding pretentious, at least to me la. I realized that one reason behind that sentiment is because my mother tongue is really singlish and not English; let alone Mandarin. Can't help it. So I cannot express myself properly with proper English.
I burnt myself out last week, but I can feel the energy coming back. A couple of days last week I didn't even want to listen to music. Too bad I'm going to Bintan tommorow. Luckily got my brother's mini guitar. Hahaha. At least I'm not bringing my laptop and all my software along..
Part of the reason why I started posting again is because I'm hoping that I'll remember some of the things I read online and find useful. In short, reminders that I'll see whenever I come back to my blog to see whether anyone's written in the tag-board.
judith cameron writes in "the artist's way" that we have to nurture the inner artist. she suggests an "artist's date" where you take your inner artist out on a date once a week.
like jake said, taking a walk...if taking a walk listen to sounds, feel the temperature of the air, sunrise/sunset...
a museum, lecture, poetry reading, a play...also she advises practicing another art form can foster your main one. i sometimes do pencil drawings or photography...
or just do something about the distance between you and your instrument. didn't Miles say, "pick up your horn."?
This is for the bloody rut that I was in the last week; and for all the weeks that I've had ruts. Bye bye rut.
I burnt myself out last week, but I can feel the energy coming back. A couple of days last week I didn't even want to listen to music. Too bad I'm going to Bintan tommorow. Luckily got my brother's mini guitar. Hahaha. At least I'm not bringing my laptop and all my software along..
Part of the reason why I started posting again is because I'm hoping that I'll remember some of the things I read online and find useful. In short, reminders that I'll see whenever I come back to my blog to see whether anyone's written in the tag-board.
judith cameron writes in "the artist's way" that we have to nurture the inner artist. she suggests an "artist's date" where you take your inner artist out on a date once a week.
like jake said, taking a walk...if taking a walk listen to sounds, feel the temperature of the air, sunrise/sunset...
a museum, lecture, poetry reading, a play...also she advises practicing another art form can foster your main one. i sometimes do pencil drawings or photography...
or just do something about the distance between you and your instrument. didn't Miles say, "pick up your horn."?
This is for the bloody rut that I was in the last week; and for all the weeks that I've had ruts. Bye bye rut.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home