Dedicated to Zhuang and the lawyers
Just shopping for courses online when I saw this:
POSC-18
Social Organization of Law
Political Science
The Image of Law in Social and Political Thought. Law haunts the imagination of social and political thinkers. For some, law is a crucial tool for the radical reconstruction of society, an essential component of any utopian project. For others, law is by its very nature conservative, ever wedded to the status quo, a cumbersome and confusing apparatus made necessary by a world of imperfection. This course will attempt to make sense of the diverse and contradictory images of law which inform the work of social and political theorists. We will examine how images of law both lie at the center of, and are constituted by, concepts of personhood, community, legitimacy, and power. Readings include works by (or about) Thoreau, Hobbes, Blackstone, Marx, Freud, and such contemporary thinkers as Shklar, Unger, Hart, and Fish. Second semester. Professor Kearns.
I'm having a huge headache trying to choose which courses to take. To those who have witnessed how complex my reflections can become-yes, it's happening again. I love reflections, don't I? Just ask Ah Khoon. Oh but I'm not really complaining, I think the problem of choice is a good one to have, at least in this context!
POSC-18
Social Organization of Law
Political Science
The Image of Law in Social and Political Thought. Law haunts the imagination of social and political thinkers. For some, law is a crucial tool for the radical reconstruction of society, an essential component of any utopian project. For others, law is by its very nature conservative, ever wedded to the status quo, a cumbersome and confusing apparatus made necessary by a world of imperfection. This course will attempt to make sense of the diverse and contradictory images of law which inform the work of social and political theorists. We will examine how images of law both lie at the center of, and are constituted by, concepts of personhood, community, legitimacy, and power. Readings include works by (or about) Thoreau, Hobbes, Blackstone, Marx, Freud, and such contemporary thinkers as Shklar, Unger, Hart, and Fish. Second semester. Professor Kearns.
I'm having a huge headache trying to choose which courses to take. To those who have witnessed how complex my reflections can become-yes, it's happening again. I love reflections, don't I? Just ask Ah Khoon. Oh but I'm not really complaining, I think the problem of choice is a good one to have, at least in this context!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home